Monday, March 10, 2008

Sex? He'll pay for it all right

By now everyone knows about New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer being "linked to a prostitution ring." At the press conference, did his wife look unhappy or what? "Honey, can you stop by the office this afternoon for a little media event...?"

I have a call into my pal Mary Beth, who did a bit of this when she was younger, for expert commentary. I have no doubt that had Mary Beth worked for the ring in question, she would have been a "seven diamond" call girl. Those apparently went for $5,500 an hour. What the fuck did I go to college for?

Do men still go to prostitutes? I guess so. You guys will have to tell me. There's so much free stuff now, that the whole idea of call girls seems so fifties. I have no doubt that my dad used prostitutes. How could he not being married to my "sex is sinful" mother? Of course, sex slavery is alive and well, a whole other (sometimes related) issue, and far from a victimless crime. But two consenting adults? What's the big deal.

The one thing I won't do is go on one of those Jamaica vacations for "women of a certain age" who pay for handsome, well-hung local studs to service them. How depressing. When I get to the point when I have to pay for sex, I'll kill myself, or get a facelift...

5 comments:

Lance said...

Linda Sue,
I am a Gen-X, your age, and never thought I would go to a prostitute. That changed after marriage and children and my wife totally lost interest in me. I had an affair, and tried to keep it casual, but the woman wanted me to leave my wife and when I wouldn't she went total psycho. I don't have the money for a European-style mistress. That leaves the occasional call girl, especially when I am on business. It keeps our marriage together, because without sex, which my wife just isn't interested in anymore, I would have to divorce her, even if the child support ruined me.

Theresia said...

I think some men are turned on by going to a hooker.

Dan said...

It's sometimes said that men aren't paying for the sex, they're paying for the woman to go away after the sex, as Lance's comment hints at. I think you might have a different attitude about it if sex were rarely or never available to you with someone you considered sexually attractive *unless* you paid. That's the situation a huge number of men face. You need look no further than the lists of requirements for potential partners' characteristics in the ads in the W4M section of Casual Encounters on Craigslist. If you see one that says "Wanted: A guy in his late 50's who's bald, overweight, not wealthy, and impotent from diabetes," do forward the link to me.

MadHemingway said...

Pussy is and always has been the killer app. Some girls just figured they could openly attach a price to it; none of the "lets get married or date for a long time" lines. It's the new temp job today.

And men always prove there's a fool born every minute.

Daphney said...

What is disturbing about this is not that he went to a prostitute (golly, I went to one once. I think she was prolly a 1 cubic zirconia as the price was in the low 3 figures) but that he spoke publicly about how abhorrent the behavior is. My good man, it is in bad taste to rip a profession whose services you seek. It only means trouble.